March inflation stands at 0.09%, lowest since 1994
According to IBGE, airfare prices fell 15% and were the main factor for last month's low inflation
See the full galleryAirfares got 15% cheaper last monthJose lucena / Future Press / Folhapress - 05.04.2018Inflation in March was 0.09%, according to data released on Tuesday (10) by the IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics).This is the lowest rate for a March since the start of the Real Plan in 1994.The Extended Consumer Price Index (IPCA) accumulates a 0.70% increase in the year - also the lowest index in 24 years.In the last 12 months, the official indicator of Brazilian inflation is at 2.68%.By comparison, in 2017, March inflation was 0.25%According to IPCA manager Fernando Gonçalves, the March result is mainly due to lower airfares prices, which were on average 15% cheaper.“If we consider January and February as months of vacation, the tendency is for prices to fall in March, with the return to school,” explains Gonçalves, in statements reproduced by the IBGE News Agency.In addition to airline tickets, IBGE points to lower telephone charges - fr...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- SP buses now have stickers for women getting off point
- Deputies approve Government accounts in 2017
- Six prisoners escape from prison in Florian?polis (SC)
- Minister guarantees maintenance of Capes scholarships in 2019
- Survey indicates 54% increase in men with diabetes in the country
- Grandfather arrested for leaving 5-year-old granddaughter alone with a gun and the order to "shoot any bad man"
- Rio de Janeiro records traffic with 225 km of congestion at 4:55 pm.
- Travel agency stops selling trips to SeaWorld due to animal welfare concerns
- Council extends salary portability deadline to 10 business days
- TJMG issued arrest warrant for lobbyist Nilton Monteiro
- Fire hits building of Petrobras Research Center in Rio
- Brasilia prepares for big city party of 58 years
- Paragominas suspends employment contracts of 80 employees in Pará, says Hydro
- Fies opens applications for 155,000 vacancies in the second half of 2018
- Drunk man tries to throw himself in stream
- Andrés says Haddad lied about incentives to Itaquerão
- Inflation forecast is 0.21%, lowest for April since 2006
- Anglo American Begins Collective Vacation for 766 Minas-Rio Employees
- Cruzeiro players already think about Brasileirão
- Recife records traffic with 77 km of congestion at 12:55 pm.