China's president renews pledges to open economy and cut tariffs this year amid trade dispute
By Kevin Yao and Elias GlennBOAO / BEIJING, China (Reuters) - Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday pledged to open the country's economy further and cut import tariffs on products ...
By Kevin Yao and Elias GlennBOAO / BEIJING, China (Reuters) - Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday pledged to open the economy further and cut import tariffs on products such as cars in a speech seen as an attempt to calm the trade dispute. with the United States.While most of the promises are reiterations of previously announced reforms, Xi's statements sent stocks and the dollar up on expectations of a deal that could avert a trade war.Xi said China would expand market access for foreign investors, a major complaint from China's trading partners and a point of contention for the US government, which threatened billions of dollars in tariffs on Chinese products."President Xi's speech seems to have set a relatively positive tone and opens the door to potential negotiations with the US in our view. The focus now shifts to the possible US response," Nomura economists said."But of course actions speak louder than words. We'll be on the lookout for progress on these opening...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Marquise Manor Returns Domitila Goods to USP
- Victoria records traffic with 6 km of congestion at 12:55 pm.
- ECB monetary policy normalization should start now, says Nowotny
- Comgás Executive takes over as CEO of Raízen from April
- Breastfeeding Week Guides Moms in
- Residents of rural Sobradinho dos Melos experience greater suffocation
- Man tries to destroy school in Betim (MG)
- USA: newspaper where 5 were killed in shooting publishes print edition
- Florianópolis records the traffic with 15 km of congestion at 20:55.
- Guarulhos - SP has 2 km of traffic at the moment.
- How menstruation occurs and why some women experience more pain than others
- Let the guys enjoy, with the hair and the boot you want
- GCM arrests couple stealing bronze pieces in cemetery
- Suspect arrested for killing his wife's ex-husband in Belford Roxo
- Escaping bandits run over and kill woman in Nova Iguaçu
- Young girl found dead in BH motel
- Brazil has primary deficit of $ 7 billion in September, says BC
- Flávio Rocha is received with party in Mato Grosso do Sul
- Federal Court accepts complaint and Cabral becomes defendant for the 24th time
- Argentine election to be decided in second round after surprising start of opponent Macri