ECB may raise deposit rate to start interest rate hike, Nowotny says
By Marc JonesLONDRES (Reuters) - The European Central Bank (ECB) could stagger eurozone interest rate hikes by raising its deposit rate, which is below ...
By Marc JonesLONDON (Reuters) - The European Central Bank (ECB) could stagger eurozone interest rate hikes by raising its below-zero deposit rate into positive territory, a statement said on Tuesday. of its oldest members, Ewald Nowotny.Nowotny told Reuters in an interview that the ECB's 2.55 trillion euro bond buying program will be closed by the end of this year, which will pave the way for the first interest rate hike since 2011.He urged the ECB to go ahead with the process to ensure that it can take a gradual approach, and to start with the deposit rate, which has been in negative territory since mid-2014."I would have no problem moving from -0.4 percent to -0.2 percent as a first step and then, as a second step, include the (main) (refinancing) interest rate," he said."This is the structure. The exact time? It's too early to tell," Nowotny said.The ECB is expected to present in June or July how it intends to reduce the stimulus program it has been using to sustain the...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Prosecutor wants to punish PM for personal injury in DF
- Father is suspected of kidnapping son to avoid caring for baby
- Anac adjusts fares from Fortaleza and Porto Alegre airports
- 4 out of 5 over 50 say they use the web to find out
- See the election time of candidates for state deputy from 20:30 this Monday (13)
- Lawyer arrested in Rio das Ostras after police find more than 600 cannabis seedlings
- Man can't renew driver's license because he's bald
- Association talks about trucker agreement with government
- Copel plans to put small dam in operation in 2020 after auction win
- Mega-Seine can pay $ 3 million this Saturday
- In SC, police unravel mysteries about Father Alvino's death
- Beto Richa becomes defendant for alleged illegal use of health funds in Curitiba
- Driver dies after car-truck accident on BR 101 in Conceição da Barra
- Military police father is killed in Nova Iguaçu
- Lacking doctors and supplies, federal hospitals cancel surgeries in Rio
- Camera catches bank saidinha victim
- Rural farmer from Curitba carries out innovative initiative
- Belo Horizonte - MG has 76 km of traffic at the moment.
- Starbucks Hangs Prices for Over 90% of its 2016 Coffee Demand
- Trump criticizes May's plan during first visit to UK