Telefonica Brazil to expand ultra-speed broadband to 20 new cities
By Gram Slattery SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Telefonica Brazil will expand ultra-speed fiber-optic broadband service to users' homes (FTTH) to boost their ...
By Gram SlatterySAO PAULO (Reuters) - Telefonica Brazil will expand ultra-speed fiber-optic broadband service to users' homes (FTTH) to more than 20 new cities in 2018 as Brazil's largest telecommunications company targets growth among the richest customers, a senior executive told Reuters.Vice President of Operations Christian Gebara said in an interview that the number of homes with access to the company's FTTH network will more than double to nearly 15 million over the next three years from the current 7 million."Today we have 87 cities and when we talk about the number of houses approved today, we are talking about 7 million. Our estimate for the next three years is more than double that number," said Gebara at Telefônica Brasil headquarters in Sao Paulo .Telefonica Brazil, which operates under the Vivo brand, is among a number of telecommunications companies in Latin America's largest economy, focusing on fixed broadband as the mobile phone market becomes saturated.I...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Rio de Janeiro records traffic with 55 km of congestion at 10:54 pm.
- Duque de Caxias records traffic with 6 km of congestion at 8:54.
- Putin takes office for fourth term as president of Russia
- Belo Horizonte records traffic with 55 km of congestion at 2:55 pm.
- Operation Tic Tac arrests three more criminals in Campo Grande (MS)
- Marines start security operation at Santos Port
- Automatic and Automated Currency Exchange - What Are the Differences?
- HR analyst is kidnapped for over 18h in Camaçari (BA)
- Date of OAB test released after PUCRS evacuation in Porto Alegre
- RJ: Civil Police seize counterfeit goods in mall and airport
- Plastic artist Fátima Monteiro turns garbage into art in BH
- Ilhéus Airport and seven others still without fuel
- Brasilia records traffic with 11 km of congestion at 12:55 pm.
- Man arrested for taking wife and daughter hostage in Rio de Janeiro
- Curitiba - PR has 82 km of traffic at the moment.
- Florianópolis records traffic with 20 km of congestion at 10:55.
- Revenue admits system failures, but denies extension of Simple House deadline
- São Paulo City Hall authorizes use of Pacaembu courts and swimming pools
- Bus driver gets stabbed while reacting to robbery
- Secret of a good selfie may be at camera angle