US and Russia clash at UN over chemical weapons
US government and other Western powers are considering military action over possible poison gas attack in Syrian city
Russia vetoed US draft resolutionReuters / Brendan McDermid / 09-04-18Russia and the United States clashed on Tuesday with the United Nations Security Council on behalf of Syria and blocked each other's attempts to establish international investigations into chemical weapons attacks in the war-torn country.The US and other Western powers are considering taking military action over a possible poison gas attack on Saturday in a Syrian rebel-ridden city that has long resisted President Bashar al-Assad's forces.Russia fails UN in attempt to set up new inquiry in SyriaRussia has vetoed a draft US draft to set up a new investigation to determine blame for such attacks.The US and other countries then blocked two Russian attempts to establish a different investigation that would require the Security Council to determine responsibility.Moscow opposes any Western attack on its ally Assad.Russian UN Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said Washington's decision to present its resolution coul...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Mariana and Jessy Kelly are missing
- Russia accuses Ukraine of taking down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17
- Venezuela suspension may be discussed at OAS Assembly
- Alcoa steelmaker announces cuts in its smelting and refining capacity
- Brazilian Marcela Pereira took the 2nd place in nuclear physics in Russia?
- Federal Government says it will save R $ 3 million by cutting commissioned positions announced in October
- \ 'I kill myself, but I don´t surrender ', paulista exchanges life in the interior for front line in the war in Ukraine
- Explosion near US embassy in China leaves suspect injured
- Operation Chimera arrests 21 people in Minas Gerais
- Technology sector strength and positive banking results drive markets
- Croatian Netflix series reflects country culture in daily life of independent newspaper
- RJ: flu vaccination aims to immunize 4 million
- Russia raises interest to 7.50% and extends pause in foreign currency buying
- Manuela d'Ávila appears on video dancing funk in the street! Is it true?
- Santo André records traffic with 25 km of congestion at 9:55.
- Goiânia records the traffic with 29 km of congestion at 6:54 am.
- International sugar price tends to rise again in early 2019, says Tereos
- Police seize 230 kg of marijuana in Iporã, PR-323
- Thai people honor water goddess with flowers and candles
- Fortaleza records traffic with 85 km of congestion at 12:55 pm.