And then what do you want?
Mayakovsky's news in a poem written 91 years ago
Russian author Vladimir Mayakovsky was one of the greatest poets of the twentieth century.Among us, he has given us the beautiful poem "And then what do you want? ..." Dating from 1927, he is very current in the stupendous translation of Boris Schnaiderman.Mayakovsky killed himself on April 14, 1930 at the age of 36, but rereading this "poet of revolution," as he became known, is critical.Especially in the turbulent political moment that crosses Brazil, victimized by a white coup, and the world, shaken on Friday (13) by an irresponsible bombing sponsored by the United States, France and the United Kingdom against Syria, whose dire consequences have not yet can be measured. "So, what do you want? ..."I grated the newspaper sheetsopening their blinking eyelids.And just from each distant frontierrose a smell of gunpowderchasing me home.In these last twenty years nothing new has beenin the roar of thun...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Prosecutor investigates origin of conflicts in Roraima
- UEPB teachers stop Wednesday and make claims
- MDB Mayor is found dead in Tocantins
- Police arrest suspect of stealing luxury cars in Goi?nia (GO)
- Driver with fake document and almost 100 fines seized by PRF
- Police seize buses with products from Paraguay in SP
- Police disrupt drug laboratory in Valparaiso
- Capgras Syndrome, the strange evil that makes patients think parents and spouses are impostive doppelganger
- Toffoli complains of '' misreading '' of STF rulings
- Palocci settles denunciation agreement with the Federal Police of Curitiba
- Fortaleza - CE has 32 km of traffic at the moment.
- "There will be no short-term tax hikes," says Covas
- INSS convenes 152.2 thousand beneficiaries for review expertise
- "BaVi Case": STJD reduces Kanu's penalty and punishment of others
- Recife - PE has 11 km of traffic at the moment.
- US cuts all UN program resources for Palestine
- Cruzeiro wins two-time World Championship volleyball
- Meirelles announces today if it will compete for the Plateau
- PF makes operation to dismantle international traffic gang
- Mining population to start decreasing by 2040, says IBGE