Boracay Island is banned for maintenance in the Philippines
Tourist spot to undergo recovery after President Rodrigo Duterte watch video of sewage pouring into the sea from an island beach
Ban will hurt at least 30,000 peopleReuters / Erik De Castro / 26.4.2018The main tourist destination in the Philippines, Boracay Island was seized on Thursday by volunteers cleaning up almost empty beaches and workers covering shops with siding, at the start of a government-mandated six-month intervention to reform. retrieve the location.For the first time in years, Boracay's most famous beach was almost deserted.There was no sign of the rows of sunbathing umbrellas and sunbathers or the tourists and hawkers who characterized the explosive and uncontrolled growth of the once-tranquil island paradise.Island closed at midnightBoracay was officially closed to non-residents at midnight on Wednesday to undergo a recovery ordered by Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who was disgusted by a video of black sewage pouring into the sea from a Boracay beach.The ban is expected to affect the livelihood of the estimated 30,000 people who depend on the 2 million annual visitors, but ...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Justice orders arrest of Brazilian accused of killing ex in Australia
- Trump proposes another $ 100 billion in tariffs against China, cites intellectual property
- Police seize $ 60,000 in drugs during operation in BA
- PMCG opens registration for remaining vacancies for Collective Marriage
- Family makes first visit to Lula in jail in Curitiba
- Recife - PE currently has 75 km of traffic.
- Manuela D \ 'avila criticizes "hate that opens doors to fascism"
- Installment payment option to avoid deletion of Simples
- Netherlands passes law banning face veil in public buildings
- Cármen Lúcia will assume presidency of the Republic for the 2nd time in 2018
- Couple arrested suspected of selling stolen goods
- Universities will have cash incentive to control obesity
- Deadline to regularize voter title ends next Wednesday (9)
- Cruzeiro faces Flamengo for the Copa Libertadores round of 16
- Family makes kitty to pay exams not provided by SUS
- Ibope: Bolsonaro leads; Alckmin, Ciro and Marina tie for 2nd
- Hurricane Florence turns to storm and devastates US with torrential rain
- Broker dead in Barra da Tijuca will be buried this Friday (17)
- Drunk son beats his parents in Luzi?nia (GO)
- City officials decide to end strike in BH