Brazilian economy grows in first quarter of 2018, says IBGE
The country's wealth increased by 0.4% compared to the last three months of 2017. It was the fifth positive result in this type of confrontation.
Agribusiness pulled positive GDP resultThinkstockGDP (Gross Domestic Product) , which is the sum of all Brazilian wealth, grew 0.4% in the first quarter of 2018 compared to the last three months of 2017. The information was released by the IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics) this Wednesday (30).When comparing the current quarter with the immediately preceding quarter, the result for the first quarter was the fifth positive, which started in the first months of 2017. Prior to that, from 2016 onwards, however, there were eight consecutive declines in this comparison basis.The IBGE result is contrary to the IBC-Br, released by the Central Bank and considered the "prior GDP".The indicator pointed to a 0.13% decline in the first three months of 2018.Growth in the quarter was driven by the 1.4% expansion in agriculture and the stability of industry and services (both with growth of 0.1%).IBGE's Quarterly National Accounts manager, Cláudia Dionísio, explained...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Indians try to invade Chamber and clash with security guards
- Seven-year-old miner is among children separated from US parents
- Abras reduces sales forecast for the supermarket sector in 2018 after 2% increase in the first half
- Bin Laden's mother: \ 'It was a good brainwashed boy '
- Bride of Zezé Di Camargo, Gracielle Lacerda dares to post semi-nude photo
- Carmen Carmen keeps Fachin at Lula's complaint office
- Curitiba - PR has 85 km of traffic at the moment.
- Detran allows fines to be paid in installments
- Petrobras reaffirms intention of strategic cooperation with BP
- Measles cases in the Americas reach 5,000. PAHO widens alert
- Rio: Bus stop causes confusion in garages and crowding at points
- Jailson calls for focus on fetching three points against Vasco
- Man arrested with foreign-made weapon, drugs and money in Cariacica
- Pottker focuses on game by game but sees Inter in a position to play title
- Meet the BH Disability Rights Municipal Council
- City Hall announces Graúna-Gaivotas Bridge project in the south of SP
- China surprises with threat of taxing US oil and natural gas
- Retrospective: Brazilian sentenced to 21 years in prison for quartering English girlfriend
- Simple National Management Committee publishes new Resolution and Ordinance
- Bad weather makes Fear cancel visit to Pacaraima in Roraima