Christmas in January and divided fans at the World Cup: meet the Russian colony in Mato Grosso
About 120 families live in rural areas near East Spring, and preserve the clothing, traditions, language and customs of ancestors who left Russia after the 1917 revolution.
Iulia Ovchinnikov and Felessata KilinBBC BRAZILGilberto Leite / RDNews Iulia Ovchinnikov, 16, and Felessata Kilin, 18, have lived in the region since birth.The descendants of Russians living in rural East Spring (MT) carry with them customs that were adopted at the beginning of the last century.The clothing and the way the residents of Russian Colony, 40 km from the city founded by their descendants, live to preserve the tradition of their ancestors.And as they struggle to maintain their habits, they try to adapt to the advancement of technology.Many of them work in the city, at the fairs, selling items they plant.One of the features that most impresses the visitors of East Spring, with 59,000 inhabitants, is the clothes they wear.Amid the scorching sun of the Cerrado region, women wear long dresses and men, long-sleeved blouses.The clothes are made by the residents of the community.Child raped, woman becomes police officer, arrests man who raped her Exclusive: Inside a 's...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- R7 BA Interview with the Mayor of Salvador
- Optimism goes to weakest level of year and Brazil's service sector stagnates in April, PMI shows
- Mega-Sena draws R $ 27.5 million this Saturday
- Fortaleza records traffic with 45 km of congestion at 18:54.
- Peru: President Challenges Congress to Pass Anti-Corruption Reforms
- IGP-M accelerates high to 1.87% in June, says FGV
- Train collision with school van leaves 13 children dead in India
- Motorcycle accidents account for 33% of traffic deaths
- Duo arrested in car with cloned plates in Belo Horizonte
- Homeless man found dead in downtown Sao Paulo
- Shop is stolen by man who wore a cap in Uberlândia (MG)
- Theft and robbery in Vila Boa Vista in Belo Horizonte
- Baby kidnapped in SP undergoes syphilis treatment in Rio
- Buenos Aires Park in Sao Paulo wins award-winning model
- Covered-Face Immigrants Protest Mexico Slaughter
- Trial begins on accused of being the masterminds of Unai slaughter
- Belo Horizonte - MG has 35 km of traffic at the moment.
- BHTrans reduces bus stop for lack of fuel
- Fire hits parking lot at Muventude Alegre samba school
- Judge holds Fernandinho Beira-Mar in Rondônia for another year