Human rabies has left 12 people dead in PA;SP is on alert
Community victims in the Marajó Archipelago, over 100 animal rabies cases put São Paulo on alert
Animals are being vaccinated in Pará to contain outbreakState Department of Health of ParáAt least 12 people have died of human rabies since the beginning of the year in the poor community of Melgaço, in the Marajó archipelago of Pará, the municipality with the lowest HDI in Brazil.So far, 14 cases have been reported and seven laboratory confirmed by the Evandro Chagas Institute and the Pasteur Institute.Technicians from the Department of Health of Pará remain in the region until July, doing research and prevention work.About 30 days ago no new or suspected cases were registered and the Secretariat considers the situation under control.Health experts say the poor sanitary conditions of the community are contributing to the outbreak of rabies in the city, where people are so poor they can't even afford to put up screens on windows, preventing bats from entering.Most of the inhabitants live on stilts, with outdoor sewage.The Ministry of Health reported that Brazil is c...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Goi?nia records traffic with 44 km of congestion at 8:55 am.
- Oil demand estimates are converging, says OPEC
- Fachin takes Moro statement on alleged transfer to Chavez
- Portugal approves use of marijuana for medicinal purposes
- In advance, Paraná soybean plantation advances to 9% of total projected
- Two people arrested for falsifying documents to obtain diplomas
- Ganglionic Tuberculosis: Know the disease that pushed Simaria off the stage
- Fortaleza - CE has 10 km of traffic at the moment.
- Government wants to reduce fine for withdrawal of property purchase
- Duque de Caxias - RJ has 9 km of traffic at the moment.
- Beer Spa becomes attraction for tourists in Spain
- Government extends until December 31 deadline for Eletrobras to operate distributors
- Council postpones deadline to adapt teacher training courses
- School lunch may have caused health problems in children in SE
- Arrested suspected of distributing drugs in Petrópolis neighborhood in Porto Alegre
- Shows mark DVD release in tribute to Nico Nicolaiewsky
- Haddad may use SP-closed schools for housing and day care
- Even with full vaccination card, adults need booster doses
- New York's Guggenheim Museum Completes Half a Century of Modernity
- Intermittent net work balance positive at 2688 vacancies in June