Chilean military convicted of murder of Victor Jara
Eight reserve military personnel were sentenced to 15 years and 1 day in prison for killing the singer during the dictatorship in Chile
Singer Victor Jara was assassinated by Pinochet dictatorshipOswaldo Rivas / Reuters / 20.9.2013Eight Chilean reserve soldiers were sentenced to 15 years in prison on Tuesday for the assassination of popular singer Victor Jara during the 1973 coup that put the late dictator Augusto Pinochet in power.A judge presented the sentences after a lengthy inquiry into Jara's death 45 years ago on September 16, the Chilean judicial authority said in a statement.See tooChilean judge asks arrest of more than 100 former agents of Pinochet dictatorshipImages of Pinochet's bloody dictatorship still stir ChileansMiguel Vázquez sentenced the eight men to 15 years and one day in prison for the murder of Jara and former prison director Littre Quiroga Carvajal.A ninth suspect was sentenced to five years for his role in covering up the murders.Jara, then 40, was a well-known singer, theatrical director and university professor who sympathized with the socialist government of Salvador Allende, ...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Revenue Paid Third Lot of IR Refund Today
- Video shows PM car hitting pole in eastern SP
- Scientists find liquid water on Mars, discovery that could transform quest for life
- Icebergs peel off glaciers and approach Australian beaches
- Former Rio Mayor Eduardo Paes testifies at Lava Jato
- Trump defends Kavanaugh and invites accuser to testify
- Aerial footage of crash in Italy shows cars under rubble
- Export share in industrial production is stable
- São Bernardo do Campo records traffic with 84 km of congestion at 19:54.
- Eletropaulo concludes burial of the network at Vila Olímpia in SP
- Petrobras CEO resigns
- Florian?polis records traffic with 24 km of congestion at 8:55.
- Top-5 sees lower base interest rate by end of 2019
- Singer Alcione is admitted to São Paulo and undergoes surgery
- Obama supports gay claims
- Departure for Easter holiday starts with 130 km of queue in São Paulo roads
- Mobile phone gains more space in schools, research shows
- American on alert after 5 spotted fever deaths
- In Mexico, Two More Candidates Killed Within Days of Election
- Venezuelan migratory flow is “normal,” says vice president