Eduardo Guardia makes concessions to save fiscal adjustment
Minister gave up points in congressional votes and advanced part of the agenda he pledged to fulfill when he took office
Guardia says he needs to manage problem every dayWilson Dias / Brazil Agency / 08.05.2018In three months of government, Finance Minister Eduardo Guardia lived his worst moment in public life when he had to give in to the "truck exchange" in the midst of the strike of the category that stopped the supply in the country.Since taking over from the economic team, he has given up points in congressional votes and has pushed forward some of the agenda he pledged to fulfill when he took office.With the tax binge promoted by parliamentarians on the eve of the election, Guardia became a "balancing minister" on the tightrope between getting approval for priority projects and trying to save fiscal adjustment.With each advance in a project of interest to the government, it must deal with pressure for increased spending, such as the project that benefits cargo carriers and can cost $ 8.5 billion a year."I can't suffer from too much anxiety. I have to deal with a problem every day," he ...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Police arrest suspects of participating in militia; criminals caused damage of $ 700 thousand
- Venezuela releases 43 political prisoners and ends release cycle
- After 4th barrier drop, MP opens inquiry on Mogi-Bertioga
- Fear and shame make only 10% of rapes reported
- Man steals parking car in Curitiba
- Curitiba - PR has 38 km of traffic at the moment.
- Cesp overturns injunction that threatened to delay privatization
- China's stock indices have little variation, technology sector drops concern over ZTE
- Tourism dollar is already sold for $ 4.37 at the exchange offices in Sao Paulo
- Farroupilha Hospital receives consulting from Syrian-Lebanese
- Brazilian buys and spends more on online stores in 2018
- Criminal fire destroys building in Salvador
- Rio de Janeiro still beautiful: Paço Imperial was the scene of important decisions for the country's history
- Victoria records traffic with 23 km of congestion at 5:55 pm.
- Sixty military police were killed in seven months in the state
- Guardia sees no possibility of approving tax reform this year
- Florianópolis records traffic with 22 km of congestion at 9:55.
- Toucan siege hangs Alckmin's presidential bid
- Sleep has antioxidant function, study points
- Hood vault on the Castello Branco highway in SP