In world homicide ranking, Brazil occupies 13th place
According to an institute study, the country reached more than 57 thousand homicides in 2016, the largest number in the world in absolute numbers.
Number of homicides grew more than populationFernando Frazão / Brazil AgencyIn a world homicide ranking, Brazil ranks 13th in the world, with an average of 27.8 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants.The data are part of a study by the Igarapé Institute, entitled "Citizen Security in Latin America", April 2018.Compared to 2016, the country registered a slight increase of about 1%, within a relatively stable process in recent years.The list of the 20 countries with the highest proportion of homicides in relation to the population is headed by Central America, with 17 nations.El Salvador tops the list, with 60 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, followed by Jamaica with 56. Venezuela, with 53.7, ranks third.Honduras, with 42.8, is in fourth, and Saint Kitts and Nevis (the smallest sovereign state in America), with 42, comes in fifth position.The first African country on the list is Lesotho, with an average of 41.2 per 100,000, registered in 2015, in sixth place.Central America h...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Thief who had broken arm is arrested inside SP
- Flight cancellation on strike boosts aviation '' Ubers ''
- Slum in the heart of Buenos Aires resists excavators
- Marconi inaugurates first stage of Águas Lindas Regional Hospital of Goiás
- Man tries to steal car parts recovered by police in Sierra
- Ibovespa closes higher after volatile day, but accumulates losses in August
- Volkswagen suffers 1st quarterly loss in at least 15 years
- Trump suggests revoking Obama's climate change plan
- Chinese stock markets rebound, highlighting health and technology sectors
- Fortaleza - CE has 20 km of traffic at the moment.
- Dropbox result exceeds estimates with paid subscription growth
- Miners protest bikini and swim trunks at station square in BH
- Second day of rail strike causes chaos in Paris and surrounding area
- Holiday begins with samba car crash in Rio de Janeiro
- Six people arrested during police operation in Vila Velha
- Working group to detect the AIDS virus
- Environmentalists want to veto Conama resolution on air quality
- Tension and sadness: how was the first night of the residents victims of the fire
- Accused by death of lawyer are acquitted in BH
- Far Right Growth Meets Economic Interests