Had Syria created the oldest song in the world?
Musical traditions of the country, where 3,400-year-old sheet music was found, reveal stories that transcend war and contemporary geopolitics.
Over time, a wide variety of musical instruments have been produced in the region of what is today Syria.Leila Molana-AllenIn Syria, music plays deeper than anywhere else in the world.Long before the modern state was formed in 1946, the country already had a valuable millennial musical tradition.The various religions, sects and ethnic groups that have inhabited and traveled through the region over the centuries - Muslims, Christians, Jews, Arabs, Assyrians, Armenians and Kurds, to name but a few - have contributed to this eclectic cultural heritage.Songs of ancient SyriaIn the 1950s, archaeologists found 29 3,400-year-old clay tablets in the ancient port city of Ugarit on Syria's Mediterranean coast.Almost all were broken into small fragments, but one of them, known as H6, was broken into larger pieces.There were lyrics inscribed on the plates and beneath them what the researchers believe to be the first record of a musical score in the world.These clay fragments are the b...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Trump refutes sketch of man who threatened actress
- São Bernardo do Campo records traffic with 39 km of congestion at 18:54.
- MG TCE 2014 Contest opens 2 vacancies for Auditors
- BG Sport: Allano tries to overcome pain to play for Cruzeiro
- In Belo Horizonte (MG), drunk driver advances red light and hits school van
- Businessman who tried to burn his children has not yet been found
- Did China execute 26 politicians for corruption?
- Police still have no sailor clues that has been missing for a month
- Fear removes wart from near eye in House medical service
- Detran.SP Launches Three New Electronic Driver Services
- Brazilian fans visit children with cancer and turn Russian hospital into 'World Cup grandstand'
- Osasco records traffic with 6 km of congestion at 12:54 pm.
- Anac allocates weekly frequencies to Latam between Brazil, Portugal and Germany
- Book brings together photos of personalities who helped write Argentine history
- CNI consumer expectation rises 1% in October
- Dilma Rousseff comments DEM scandal at PT party in DF
- Salvador will have special traffic scheme due to protests
- Maternity after 50 increases among China's lost child
- Buses paralyze activities, and buses do not circulate in Novo Hamburgo
- Brazil is one of the countries where monkeys are most threatened, study finds