Congo's Kabila Appoints Army Chief Under International Sanctions
John Numbi has been placed under sanctions by the US, EU and Switzerland for alleged murders of several civilians by his-controlled forces for years.
Kabila changes army command in election yearKenny Katombe / Reuters / 26.1.2018Congo's President Joseph Kabila has appointed a new army chief under international sanctions for the violent crackdown on dissent, raising fears of impending crackdown.State television reported Sunday that Kabila had appointed Gen. John Numbi to the role of Inspector General of the Congolese Armed Forces.Numbi was placed under sanctions by the United States, the European Union and Switzerland for alleged murders of several civilians by forces controlled by him for several years.His promotion was part of a reform that also included General Gabriel Amisi, also under sanctions for abuses and for selling weapons to rebel groups responsible for the massacre of civilians, promoted to deputy chief of staff.Another senior general, Celestin Mbala, has been named army chief of staff, state television reported.The changes come ahead of a December 23 election in a vast Central African country c...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- In Goiânia, Brazil's volleyball reaches second victory over Japan
- New Caledonia earthquake unleashes small tsunami
- Will have film shows for the visually impaired
- BH receives until Saturday the largest event of Labor Justice
- STF suspends labor lawsuit of R $ 17 billion against Petrobras
- Recife registers traffic with 55 km of congestion at 3:55 pm.
- Man shouts Islamic salute and is killed by Dutch police
- My son financed a car in my name. How should we make the statement?
- Hydro Norsk Consulting Disqualifies Bauxite Contamination Reports in PA
- Bus and car accident leaves a person stuck in hardware in Vitória
- Brasilia hosts film screenings with films from Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Application driver is killed after entering community
- Death toll from Mecca accident is at least 2,070, Reuters estimate
- City Hall authorizes sale of barbecue in the streets of Rio
- Prosecutors seize two tons of crab in forbidden season for sale in PA
- Victoria records traffic with 8 km of congestion at 1:55 pm.
- SP ring road had over $ 55 million price, points TCU
- What report do you want to see on the way back from Fala Brasil break?
- Waiting to fill up to 3 hours in Belo Horizonte
- Malaria cases expected to grow 50% in Brazil this year