How demand for palm oil threatens orangutans - and the puzzle in finding solutions
Study indicates that palm trees may be worsening the chances of survival of the species, with which we share 97% of our DNA.
The orangutan inhabits forests that today are targeted as areas for palm oil production.EPADid you know that your soap can be a threat to the survival of orangutans, a species with whom we share 97% of our DNA?Pizza, ice cream, cookies, margarine, cosmetics - and soaps - are some of the thousands of products that contain palm oil, an ingredient whose commercial exploitation threatens this and many other species.However, a new study by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) suggests, however, that the use of alternative oils could pose even greater risks for various animal and plant species.Palm oil is produced from a very traditional ingredient in Bahian cuisine: palm oil.Once refined, the aromatic palm oil of the moqueca, shrimp and vatapá loses its orange color and aroma and turns into palm oil.See tooRhinoceros species that only have two more animals can be saved from extinction by IVFPalm cultivation, also known as oil palm or palm oil palm (sci...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Six are killed during mega operation in Cidade de Deus
- Opposition Begins Campaign for Support for 2nd Election Shift in Argentina
- Car drops post during accident in Barra da Tijuca
- How to relieve baby cough? See what works according to science
- Woman finds frog in lettuce bundle in USA
- Energisa and Oliveira Energia bid for Eletrobras distributors
- Portal offers reward on false judge who acted in RJ
- Check it out at Fala Brasil this Wednesday
- Guarulhos records traffic with 43 km of congestion at 7:55 am.
- Drug use prevention show is free attraction in JP
- Rain surprises paulistano
- Earphones resist mobile age nationwide
- Simple National Refills allow taxpayer regularization
- Penitentiary officer arrested on charges of facilitating cell phone entry into prison
- Porto Alegre records traffic with 22 km of congestion at 10:54 pm.
- Police arrest suspects of lightning kidnappings in west Rio
- Procon Goiânia finds price difference of over 600% in Father's Day gifts
- Mexico's President-Elect Wants to Stop Fuel Imports in 3 Years
- Police use bombs to end motoboy demonstration in SP
- Association creates campaign requiring 10-year experience for judges