Brazilian economy shrinks 3.34% in May after truckers strike, BC shows
BRASILIA (Reuters) - The Brazilian economy shrank again in May, feeling the strong effects of the truckers strike that directly damaged activity and further shook confidence in ...
BRASILIA (Reuters) - The Brazilian economy shrank again in May, feeling the strong effects of the trucker strike that directly undermined activity and further shook business and consumer confidence.The Central Bank Economic Activity Index (IBC-Br), a kind of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) indicator, fell 3.34 percent in May over the previous month, according to the seasonally adjusted data released by the Central Bank on Monday.The result erased the 0.50 percent rise registered by the index in April, as revised by the BC after disclosing advance of 0.46 percent previously.Reuters survey expectations were down 3.45 percent, on the median projections of experts consulted.Compared to May 2017, the IBC-Br fell 2.90 percent, and in the accumulated 12-month high of 1.13 percent, according to the BC, in both cases in observed data.The impacts of the truckers strike have already been felt in various sectors of activity and have helped to further lower forecasts for GDP growth this y...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Shortage of water in Papuda Penitentiary Complex
- Pollyana case: girl who disappeared in Niterói is seen in Bahia
- Forged videos for political purposes are already reality. How to identify them?
- Residents of Ceilândia (DF) complain of school reform that lasts two years
- Veterinarians offer in-app medical services
- Retirees start receiving this month 1st installment of Thirteenth
- Justice prohibits RS government formalize extinction of Piratini Foundation
- US withdraws diplomats victimized by mysterious disease from China
- Video surveillance cameras catch attempted robbery in Vila Velha
- Research points to health damage from cleaning products
- Ministry of Education publishes official Enem feedback 2015
- Vehicle is caught at over 220 km / h on freeway in Porto Alegre
- Goiânia records traffic with 22 km of congestion at 10:54 pm.
- You Watch: Rubble bothers resident of Coqueiros neighborhood (BH)
- New job pool offers 4 thousand jobs in SP
- Paulo Bittencourt takes over the Communication Directorate of the Assembly
- '' We bombarded everything that moved '': attacks that help explain North Korea's historic grudge with the US
- Dollar has fifth high and closes at $ 3.70
- House canopy collapses over old woman in Porto Alegre (RS)
- Alternate Councilman is shot at Campina Grande