Trump x Putin summit: what is 'finlandization' and how does it explain the choice of venue
Finland's choice to host meetings between US and Russian leaders has historical antecedents
Trump and Putin, who spoke last year during the G20, hold the first official bilateral meeting of Rusisa and the US in Helsinki.BBC BRASIL / Getty ImagesNot Washington, not Moscow.US Presidents Donald Trump and Russia's Vladimir Putin have chosen Helsinki, Finland, for the first official bilateral summit since the American arrived at the White House.Leaders, however, are not innovating in choosing Finland's capital as a meeting place.Since 1975, Helsinki has been the scene of important international meetings, in which rival nations and even other representatives of both countries have participated, precisely because of Finland's decades-long strategy to avoid political and military conflicts with world powers - which has attracted controversy in the past. and became known as "finlandization".Trump and Putin's meeting on Monday, 16, comes at a time of a twitch between Russia and the US relationship, especially after Trump's constant criticism of NATO, the Western military a...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Even Brazilian team disrupts Lula's plans
- See the full World Noon on Friday (11).
- Belo Horizonte - MG has 27 km of traffic at the moment.
- Deprived, Iris's ally in the House summons MDB deputies as a protest
- Bankers end strike in S?o Paulo and six other capitals and DF
- Police arrest trio behind shooting that killed three in June party in Aparecida
- See changes in income tax return
- Teens are recaptured by PM
- Dry weather already reduces quality of Paraná's wheat crop, says Deral
- Seven-year-old boy may have died of PR overdose in PR
- Car hits concrete block and catches fire in Porto Alegre (RS)
- Guará receives RecordTV In Cities
- MPF recommends Ibama deny license for Total to explore oil at the mouth of the Amazon
- US wants 4-year transition period to raise local content limit on NAFTA
- Demand for Nearly Expired Product Markets Grows in Brazil
- Abratel promotes \ 'Fake News ' seminar in Brasilia
- Senate approves bill guaranteeing free seat booking
- Waze creates feature that indicates where there is fuel
- Vasco beats Universidad de Chile and goes to South American
- Colonel Itamar Cardoso talks about fire at Rio National Museum