China will place extra tariffs on more sugar imports from August
By Dominique Patton and Hallie BEIJING (Reuters) - China will impose extra tariffs on off-quota sugar imports, which will apply to products of any origin ...
By Dominique Patton and Hallie GuBEIJING (Reuters) - China will impose extra tariffs on off-quota sugar imports, which will apply to products of any origin from August 1, the Commerce Ministry said on Monday, just a year after introduction of tough charges on major producers including Brazil and Thailand.In May last year, the Chinese government hit major exporters with sugar shipment fees following years of orders from domestic mills.But the measure had not yet reached 190 smaller producing countries and regions, mainly in Southeast Asia and South America, such as the Philippines and El Salvador.That list of exempt countries has now been canceled, the Ministry of Commerce said in a statement Monday."The protective measures will be uniformly applied to all off-quota sugar imports," the portfolio said.China allows imports of 1.94 million tons of sugar per year at a 15 percent tariff as part of its commitment to the World Trade Organization.Shipments beyond this level, so-cal...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Even with works, Rio Vermelho is an option for bohemians
- Trying to distract the brain during an anxiety attack can ease it.
- Nasa discovers life under 200-meter ice in Antarctica
- A brief history of the goal against the World Cup
- The full story of the extraordinary rescue of the cave boys in Thailand
- European stock index falls, but German market performs better
- Festival brings together fans of games and pop culture in west Rio
- Domestic demand for air travel falls 0.8% in September compared to Sep / 14, says Abear
- Check out the cultural program in DF this weekend
- Chileans arrested after breaking into houses in upscale neighborhoods of Salvador
- Corruption cases expose Spanish and Portuguese authorities
- Rio de Janeiro - RJ has 262 km of traffic at the moment.
- WhatsApp releases feature that warns when message has been forwarded
- 6 Things You Should Do If Your Intimate Photos Leak on the Internet
- Financial education is classified as a compulsory subject in schools
- After complaint, TCM investigates irregularities in Goiânia Education
- Mega-Sena draws R $ 21 million prize this Tuesday
- Robbers take hostage workers at drugstore in Rio de Janeiro
- Secretariat trains 250 young people from Rio de Janeiro at RAP da Sa?de
- Subway trains stop and passengers walk in Salvador