Clandestine cemetery tells story of slaves after US abolition
The purpose now is to try to find out what was the reason for the prisoners' death.It is well known that their bodies were distorted by overwork
There may be more than 50,000 similar cemeteries in TexasBob Miller / Getty ImagesAt least 95 bodies were found in a clandestine cemetery in southern Texas.The bones belonged to people doing forced labor in the country, even after the end of slavery in 1865.The cemetery is on the property of a school and was discovered after the construction of a new student building.It all came from a guess by Reginald Moore, a former prison official who became interested in the history of forced labor and clandestine cemeteries.There is already a similar cemetery in the region that houses the bodies of other workers who died under the same conditions and Moore is their guardian."I felt I had a duty to be an advocate for them and to tell them about the grave," Moore told CNN.Then he warned authorities about finding new bodies.What neither Moore nor anyone in town expected was that so many bodies would be found in such a good state of conservation.All were buried in wooden coffins, which h...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Revelers and artists perform in Barra (BA)
- Gasoline price rises in 25 states and DF, says ANP
- Transvestite is murdered with 12 shots in the house where she lived in DF
- Criminal confesses crime in post of Franca (SP)
- Recife records traffic with 19 km of congestion at 11:54 pm.
- PL wants to publicize people convicted of a crime of violence against women
- Mixing Gasoline and Ethanol Yields More?
- Thousands protest against Trump during visit to London
- The silent drama of men who have no sperm
- Sao Bernardo do Campo - SP has 101 km of traffic at the moment.
- "Reprogrammed" stem cells will be tested for Parkinson's
- Airports: Fuel Restriction Cancels Flights
- Military policeman and his father are shot at in downtown Itaboraí
- "Militarization of the drug war has only increased violence," says author
- University student may have been executed in São Gonçalo, police say
- Record TV celebrates Media Day with camp and news in the programming grid
- From Gypsy to Miss: Swing Mansion Motivates Murder in Uruguay
- Recife records traffic with 14 km of congestion at 0h0.
- I live with my boyfriend, but I pay the apartment on my own. Is he entitled to property?
- Doctor decides to help boy who is losing his sight and cannot get a seat in SUS