Iceland, the country where food is a challenge, not a meal
Population Learned to Eat Rotten Fish to Survive Food Shortages and Extreme Temperature Conditions
Snow gathered around the small restaurant, a few feet from the Arctic Sea.Lucky for me, the establishment - decorated with fishing nets, crab shells and gnomes - was hot.On the plate in front of me was a liver sausage cured in sour whey, a piece of smoked lamb on dung, and rotten stingrays that smelled strongly of urine and looked more like the work of artist HR Giger (creator). from the Alien).The Three Types of Foods That Help Control Your Appetite5 Quick and Easy Ways to Reduce Your Internet TracksThe sausage was properly sour, no big deal.The lamb's flavor, however, benefited from the fact that this type of animal apparently does not digest very well, which means that the dish could easily have been called a smoked lamb on grass.But just as I was about to try the rotten stingray, someone at the back of the restaurant shouted in my direction:" Skata ! Ha !"Skata, or rotten stingray, is a traditional dish in Iceland.Photo: Bert Archer / BBCIt was Gisli, a young Icelander...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- The Hour of the Poison 2: Marina Ruy Barbosa finds pearl in oyster
- Driver dies after truck overturns in Antonio Prado
- Security bans bottle cap on Temer event
- STF will reduce judge vacations from 60 to 30 days
- Giant jellyfish invade Japan's coastline
- Assault attempt leaves a shot in Morumbi, SP
- Against Sao Paulo, Jael seeks first goal in Brasileirão in 2018
- Inter in no hurry to use Sarrafiore
- My ex-husband has not deposited my pension. Can I seek justice?
- Rosacea: a chronic disease that mainly affects fair-skinned people
- Video with guns and violent music helps London police arrest bad guys
- Mint lays off 212 employees to cut costs
- Only subscribers do not maintain Netflix growth, says newspaper
- SP City Hall bans five buildings near the collapsed building
- TBC sends team to cover preparation of Brasilia Team in London and Russia
- After 98 days detained by immigration, Brazilian reports \ 'prison routine '
- There is no forecast for cleaning graffiti from Pateo do Collegio
- Two Army soldiers and six more arrested on Rio highway
- Young man arrested and minors apprehended drug trafficking suspects
- Boulos does not score in the survey. What does that mean?