Up to 6 deaths and 1,237 number of measles cases in Brazil
Sixth victim is another 7-month-old baby in Amazonas;the others are a baby in the Amazon, one in Roraima and three Venezuelans, also in Roraima
Children between 1 and 4 years are the target of the vaccination campaignWHO / UNThe Ministry of Health announced on Tuesday (14) that the number of deaths from measles has risen to 6 and confirmed cases to 1,237, 137 more than the previous bulletin, August 6.The sixth death is of a 7 month old baby in the Amazon.The other deaths are from another 7-month-old baby in the Amazon, a 9-month-old Brazilian Yanomani baby in Roraima and three Venezuelans also in Roraima.Amazonas is the state with the highest incidence of the disease, with over 70% of cases.There are 910 confirmed and 5,630 in investigation.Already Roraima, the first Brazilian state to record measles this year - the disease has been eradicated in the country since 2016 - appears in second place, with 296 confirmed cases and 101 under investigation.The Ministry reports that, among the confirmed, 17 cases were treated in Brazil and received treatment, however they are people living in Venezuela.The folder points out...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Brazil can feel the reflexes of the crisis in Argentina
- Police arrest fake ophthalmologist who made free consultations in Goi?nia (GO)
- Uberlândia (MG) accident leaves five people injured
- Why does the Brazilian worker have to pay for Venezuela's default?
- Nashville sniper suspect arrested, US police announce
- Truckers are the most boring toll in Minas
- See better places and times to enjoy 'Blood Moon'
- Meet the project that teaches children how to take care of the environment
- Worsening tariff war affects car stocks pressures major European stock indexes
- Poison Time: Son buys hidden dog from famous
- Snapchat trolls Facebook and creates filter for April 1st
- Municipal tobacco control week takes place in Vitória
- Lula asks residents to leave risk areas of collapse in Rio
- TSE denies the request of cassation of the governor of Paraíba
- "Three days from now, unfortunately, it will be forgotten", says former director of the Portuguese Language Museum about fire shock
- Itamaraty will give soccer lessons to underprivileged children from Johannesburg, South Africa
- Shot goes through vest and policeman dies shot in heart
- Brazil has more than 208 million inhabitants, says IBGE
- Drugged son kills brother's father and girlfriend in Luzi?nia (GO)
- Residents try to remove snake from home before firefighters arrive