CSN plant accident in RJ leaves employee with more than 80% of body burned
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - An employee of CSN's steel mill in Volta Redonda (RJ) has had more than 80 percent of his body burned, the victim of an accident during the military ...
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - An employee of CSN's steel mill in Volta Redonda (RJ) had more than 80 percent of the body burned, the victim of an accident during maintenance activities, the company confirmed on Wednesday.The employee is in serious condition in a city hospital unit.The company reported that the worker was working in an area of the plant intended for cold rolling when there was a short circuit in a transformer.According to the company, the place where the accident occurred on Tuesday was already under maintenance and there was no production stoppage."CSN regrets to report that the employee ... had an accident during a maintenance activity in the cold rolling area," the company said in a statement, adding that the causes of the accident are being investigated.In March 2016, four plant workers died during a fire in the unit.On Monday, an outsourced employee providing services to the Usiminas plant in Ipatinga (MG) had one arm amputated followin...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Trial of suspects for PM helicopter crash postponed
- Donations to Lula's camp remain low
- South India suffers from worst flooding in a century
- PF takes action against crimes linked to the national financial system
- José Lettiere takes over as CFO of BR Distribuidora on 09/20
- Mothers of missing children in Luzi?nia (GO) protest
- US ready for more sanctions if Turkey does not release US pastor, secretary says
- Man invades hospital during escape in Porto Alegre (RS)
- Florianópolis records traffic with 21 km of congestion at 2:55 pm.
- Osasco records traffic with 32 km of congestion at 6:55 pm.
- Firefighters confirm search for missing sixth building collapsed
- US wants to broaden partnership with Russia for peace in Syria
- "The only problem I don't need," says Barroso about lipstick branding
- US opening to Brazilian meat is no ticket to TPP, says Cividini
- Rebellion ends with hostages released and 30 injured in Lucelia prison
- Soybean exports from Brazil reach 8.2mt in July, says Anec
- Little skateboarder performs radical maneuvers at age five
- Instagram will let you know when you have seen all the latest posts
- Yellen says US interest rates may rise in December, but nothing is decided
- Singer Bernardo do Espinhaço performs at the General Balance