Higher Selic Bets in September Prize, Not Monetary Policy View, Experts Say
By Claudia ViolanteSÃO PAULO (Reuters) - With renewed fears about the Turkish situation, investors have again put more premium on the future yield curve, pricing bets on which they will ...
By Claudia ViolanteSAO PAULO (Reuters) - With renewed fears over the Turkish situation, investors have again put more premium on the future yield curve, pricing bets that Brazil's base interest rate is expected to rise next month, even amid the upturn. scenario of weak inflation and economic activity.But the general view, according to experts polled by Reuters, is that this move does not reflect assessments of how the Central Bank will conduct Selic's monetary policy over the course of this year.For them, the rate only rises again in 2019."The market only operates if it has premium. Depending on the news coming out, they are putting or taking premium from the curve, usually based on risk. And the risk is great, both local and external," said the head of the fixed income table. from a local broker.The forward curve priced on Wednesday 85 percent chance of a 0.25 percentage point rise in Selic in September, next meeting of the Central Bank's Monetary Policy Committee (Copom)...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Police arrest 30 suspected militia involvement on Gigóia Island after allegations
- Cortázar's works will be published by Companhia das Letras
- DF subway still totally stopped on Wednesday
- There's a scary island in New York that no one is allowed to visit.
- Analysts already review down job projections in 2018
- Fortaleza records traffic with 15 km of congestion at 2h0.
- Teixeira de Freitas: Farm Invaders Resist Justice Decision
- Short circuits caused 451 fires and 30 deaths in 2017
- Police arrest three thieves inside SP
- Foreign participation in federal public debt falls in May, says Treasury
- Trailers are burned in attack in Sarzedo (MG)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger attends Copenhagen climate summit
- Event Organization Says Non-Payment Occurred Due to '' Communication Failure ''
- Tarantino scales Polish actor to play Polanski in new movie
- Dollar rises again, worth $ 4.14 and hits 2nd largest value of the Real Plan
- Watch this Monday's Senate Candidate Advertisements at 8:30 pm (13)
- Doctor explains childbirth of Siamese twins
- Campinas records traffic with 32 km of congestion at 12:55 pm.
- Unpopularity is no reason for impeachment, says Cunha
- Rains start at Southeast hydroelectric plants have "slight delay", says CCEE