Senate postpones debate over property searches by Cristina Kirchner
Argentine courts try to determine whether Cristina has led a broad network of corruption that has implicated leading politicians and companies.
Case to be debated next weekREUTERS / Martin Acosta - 9.8.2018Former Argentine President and Senator Cristina Kirchner won support from the Senate on Wednesday, where she maintained immunity that prevents the courts from seizing some of her property as part of an investigation into bribery during her rule.The court is trying to determine whether Cristina has led a broad network of corruption that has implicated politicians and leading businesses, a scandal that erupted this month thanks to copies of notebooks that the driver of one of the accused kept.To register the former president's property, the court needs the Senate seal, which should also decide whether to deprive her of immunity if Judge Claudio Bonadio, who is responsible for the investigation, asks for the arrest of the current senator in the future.But the upper house of Congress did not muster the necessary amount of parliamentarians to handle the request for justice.This was the second time the Senate has not ...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Research Finds Thousands of Early-Breast Cancer Women Need No Chemotherapy
- Goiânia records the traffic with 15 km of congestion at 17h0.
- ECB sees interest in record lows for as long as needed, shows minutes
- Two Brothers Bridge Traffic Is Partially Restricted
- André reveals focus on scoring goals again and leaves match for World Cup break
- BG Sport: Edcarlos will start against Corinthians
- See the full Alert Brazil this Thursday (21).
- US Air Base Training Turns '' Shooting Alert ''
- 2008 crisis results in breach of public accounts in Brazil
- Underweight food, IGP-10 accelerates high to 1.86% in June, says FGV
- Umicore explains that light on panel can indicate excess pollutant emissions
- See how to prevent breathing problems
- Student father fights and assaults two students
- Greece seeks missing after biggest fire in its history
- MP calls for revocation of arrest of 138 detainees in action against militia
- People take money from exploded vault in Pará
- MP calls for rejection of 2017 accounts of Minas Gerais Government
- Campinas - SP has 6 km of traffic at the moment.
- Saudi Aramco plans to take control of SABIC, sources say
- "Request for arrest is more arbitrary of the century", says Lula's defense