Libyan court sentences 45 to death for killings in 2011
Justice Ministry said prosecution relates to killings committed by forces loyal to former leader Muammar Gaddafi shortly before he was ousted
In 2011 Libya split into rival campsREUTERS / Hani AmaraA Libyan court of appeals on Wednesday sentenced 45 people to death by firing squad over murders in the capital Tripoli during a 2011 uprising, according to a statement from the Ministry of Justice.See tooUS sanctions target Iran's economyThe statement gave no details of the case, but a Justice Ministry official said it was related to killings committed by loyal forces to former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi shortly before he was expelled from Tripoli and deposed.Another 54 people were sentenced to five years in prison for the murders of at least 20 people, while 22 people were acquitted.Defense lawyers and relatives of the accused were present for the verdict, but the defendants were not in court.A photograph published by the ministry showed two armed guards next to black-clad judges inside the courthouse.Follow the R7 international newsIt is not known whether other death sentences imposed in Libya since...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Hypermarcas will focus on profitability and avoid new acquisitions in the short term.
- Guarulhos records traffic with 8 km of congestion at 5:54 am.
- CRLVe - Car Document in Digital Version
- Day 20 has live debate at Record Brasilia
- Rio de Janeiro - RJ currently has 158 km of traffic.
- OAB repudiates act of violence in campaign by Jair Bolsonaro in MG
- Liverpool will face Real Madrid in the Champions League final
- Police release footage of motorcycle gang clash that left nine dead in US
- Osasco records traffic with 4 km of congestion at 9:54.
- "Frontally Contrary to the Constitution," Smanio Says of 1068 Commissioners
- Northbound track with works in Balsa Nova Note: Pavement restoration, signposted by
- Chinese stocks rise as investors await five-year plan targets
- Cold and rainless weather in the highlands
- Goian startup disputes world healthy eating award
- Former councilman arrested in Sao Paulo for suspected pedophilia
- Greece sends refugees to Luxembourg on first relocation
- Lane towards RIO - SP with slow traffic on the Marginal lane. Note: In Guarulhos.
- eSocial: Deployment Considerations and Integration with Other Digital Systems
- Ulbra Orchestra highlights Baroque exponents in free concert
- BH Thunderstorm: Anonymous Heroes Help Rescue Victims