Myanmar army used fake photos in rohingyas book
Reuters news agency found three photos taken from context for use in Myanmar's new military book
Reuters finds photo provenance falseReproduction / ReutersThe grainy black-and-white photo, printed in a new Myanmar Army book on the Rohingyas crisis, shows a man standing in front of two bodies brandishing a farmer's tool."Bengalese brutally killed local ethnicities," the caption says.The photo appears in a section of the book covering ethnic rebellions in Myanmar in the 1940s. The text says the image shows Buddhists murdered by Rohingyas - members of a Muslim minority referred to as "Bangladeshi" to imply that they are immigrants. illegal.But an examination of the photo taken by Reuters reveals that it was actually taken during the Bangladeshi War of Independence in 1971, when hundreds of thousands of Bangladeshi people were killed by Pakistani troops.It is one of three images from the book, published in July by the Army's Department of Public Relations and Psychological Warfare, which were mistakenly identified as archival images of Rakhine, the western state of the co...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Cremego comments on “Doctor Butt” record in Goiás
- Vans drivers took to the streets of BH
- Balance surplus for the third week of June was $ 1.970 billion
- Firefighter shows the heat camera used in the São Paulo landslide
- Petrobras strike advances to 47 maritime units in Campos, says union
- City Hall has fuel for essential services only until tomorrow
- Islamic State seizes Syrian city in Homs province, monitoring group says
- S&P revises Cemig's outlook for "positive" against "stable" previously
- 1 year ago march in Charlottesville showed fascism in the USA
- Fortaleza records traffic with 82 km of congestion at 9:55.
- Garbage Trail: Garbage trucks collect 20,000 kg and travel 10 km per day
- Rio: Iranian has "Nobel for mathematics" stolen in congress
- Rodrimar asks port to be investigated at first instance
- Father tries to break up fight and is killed by his own son in northern Paraná
- Ranking places Goiás as fifth in Environmental Sustainability in Brazil
- Man arrested on charges of rapes
- Hope, slave and blessing, names the main cemetery of Brasilia
- China will gradually discard limit quotas for domestic and foreign investment
- S?o Bernardo do Campo records traffic with 9 km of congestion at 5h0.
- Man runs in front of daughter and wife in Santa Maria