European Union approves text that threatens internet giants
Project predicts companies like Facebook and Google to share more revenue with European broadcasters, publishers and other creators
Companies criticize format in which text was approvedPixelabayEU lawmakers voted on Wednesday to force Google, Facebook and other technology companies to share more revenue with European media, publishers and other creators as part of a review of copyright rules.The European Commission, which began discussing the issue two years ago, says the review is needed to protect Europe's cultural heritage and create a level playing field between major online platforms and publishers, broadcasters and artists.Among the parliamentarians, 438 voted in favor and 226 against, with 39 abstentions.The next step is negotiations between the Commission and the 28 EU member states to reconcile differences before copyright laws are amended, with the final vote expected next year.French President Emmanuel Macron said the vote was a "breakthrough for Europe", while Digital Commission chief Andrus Ansip called it a strong and positive signal of reform to protect researchers, educators, writers an...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Christmas has arrived for specialty stores
- Should be deported from Nicaragua at any time
- Diesel price drops with agreement between government and truckers
- H1N1 Vaccine May Give False Positive HIV Result
- Operation leaves four suspects dead in Castelar community in Belford Roxo
- Man arrested after school shooting in the United States
- Police search for shooting suspects that killed 3 in New Orleans
- Store ceiling collapses and injured in S?o Paulo
- Brazilian soybean exports in April grow to 11.6mt, says Anec
- Supporter denied compensation after alleged confusion in Flamengo's game in ES
- Rio de Janeiro records traffic with 251 km of congestion at 5:55 pm.
- Distributors charge consistent speech on diesel discount
- I found in DF: meet the double of the singer Jerry Smith
- Group of 10 suspects rob banks in Ibiúna (SP)
- Family asks for help finding missing elderly woman
- Police investigate teacher death after aesthetic procedure
- Evernote Download
- Recife - PE has 70 km of traffic at the moment.
- Mother tries to kill her son with poison for interest in inheritance
- Brazil is the second country in the Americas with the most measles cases reported