Military name at polls grows 39% in elections
More than 500 candidates - mostly for State Representatives - use their military patents in the candidacy
533 candidates will use their military ranks at the ballot boxDiego Herculano / Folhapress - 26.09.2016In addition to Cabo Daciolo and General Mourão, 533 other candidates have opted to include their ranks or military ranks in the name of a ballot box for this year's elections, whether from the Armed Forces, the Police or the Fire Department.The number is more than 12 times higher than in 1994, when 43 postulants bet on the militarization of names to attract votes.Compared to 2014, the total increase is 39%.The overwhelming majority are state deputies, with 313 postulants in Brazil.Raised by the newspaper O Estado de S. Paulo based on information from the TSE (Superior Electoral Court), the 2018 numbers also draw attention to another factor: the influence of Jair Bolsonaro.See tooNational Public Security Council will act against violenceContinence, 'hair inspection' and PM mentoring: routine in a school with military rules and disciplineThe precarious house of future lawy...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Shooting club theft: police arrest suspects in Sao Paulo
- 5 challenges for Miguel Díaz-Canel, Raúl Castro's successor in the Cuban Presidency
- Alunorte signs agreements for full resumption of operations in Pará
- Dado Dolabella gets involved in fight in police station
- Two homeless people die in the coldest dawn of the year in SP
- French police arrest man who tried to run over soldiers in Alps
- Exercise helps seniors stay fit
- Trump and Republicans intensify attacks on former FBI director
- The general women's strike that made Iceland the 'most feminist country in the world'
- Who throws trash on the floor can be fined
- Check out the latest images of the collapsed building in São Paulo (2)
- TV debate Itapoan will help in choosing vote
- PM dies after criminals shot his car more than 40 times
- Ariana Grande would be sorry to have engaged Pete Davidson
- Italian tourist killed during assault in Fortaleza (CE)
- Fortaleza records traffic with 80 km of congestion at 2:55 pm.
- Watch BA Record reports - Block 2 - 17/05/18
- Drunk driver loses control of car in ES
- Ten-year-old child assaulted by municipal guards
- Iris vetoes more than 15 bills and causes city council riot