'Worse to come,' says storm meteorologist Florence
Zach Taylor said rains should continue on Monday and the soil is soaked and unable to absorb more water.
Florence caused more than 100 cm of rainREUTERS / Jonathan Drake / 15.9.2018Thunderstorm Florence was advancing west of North Carolina on Monday and continued to cause heavy rains that have spilled over rivers and flooded roads and homes, threatening to take more lives as it heads into Virginia and New England. .And "the worst is yet to come" for the already flooded North and South Carolinas, as rivers will hit historic floods, said Zach Taylor, a meteorologist with the US National Climate Service (NWS)."The soil is soaked and can not absorb more rain, so this water has to go somewhere, unfortunately," he explained."These rivers will begin to fill later today and Tuesday and perhaps longer."Lightning flooding, landslide warnings and "prolonged and significant river overflows" throughout the region will continue in the coming days, according to the NWS.The coastal town of Wilmington was still isolated by floodwaters on Monday morning, tens of thousands of homes were damaged...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Curitiba records traffic with 37 km of congestion at 8:54 am.
- BM & FBovespa opens negotiations with Cetip for possible merger
- Gang assaults bank and exchanges fire with City Guard in Novo Hamburgo
- From Chatuba to the Municipal Theater: 9-year-old dancer realizes dream
- Volcano explodes and forces residents out of Papua New Guinea
- Menopausal Sleep Disorders Trigger Diseases
- Teachers continue demonstrations in DF
- Duque de Caxias records traffic with 9 km of congestion at 2:54 pm.
- See how is the Structural Dump 6 months after closing
- Regional Electoral Court rejects 80 nominations for 2018 Elections
- Vale says it participates in early extension process of rail concessions
- More than 5 million voters only have until tomorrow to register biometrics
- Brazil is the only one in AL that will cut its flight offer in 2015
- Oil prices up with US sanctions on Iran
- Four out of ten adult Brazilians have high cholesterol
- Detainees try to escape by excavation in Goiás prison
- João Pessoa records more than 74 mm of rain in 24h
- Rio de Janeiro - RJ has 35 km of traffic at the moment.
- Consumption of citrus fruits helps to prevent endometriosis
- Female dog helping rescue Mexico earthquake victims gets statue