Slovak candidate for EU command and criticizes Salvini
Maros Sefcovic is a center-left Socialist and Democrat group and wants to succeed Conservative Jean-Claude Juncker of the European People's Party
Maros Sefcovic during conference in BrusselsREUTERS / Eric Vidal / File Photo - 7/1/2015Slovakia's European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic launched himself on Monday (17) as a candidate for European Union executive power mandate for the center-left Socialists and Democrats (S&D) group.Also European Commissioner for Energy since November 2014, the 52-year-old politician wants to succeed Conservative Jean-Claude Juncker of the European People's Party (EPP) after the May 2019 elections to renew the EU Parliament.On the EPP side, its leader in the bloc's legislature, German Manfred Weber, has already run for office.The presidency of the European Commission is given to the party with the largest representation in the European Parliament, today controlled by the conservatives.Read also: European Union approves text that threatens internet giantsAt his first press conference as a candidate, Sefcovic was "concerned" about the political situation in Italy...
>>> Veja o artigo completo (Fonte)
- Officers and Federation pronounce on 'Operation Top Hat'
- Cell phone blockade expected to hit more than 800,000 pirated handsets
- IRS seizes 600 tons of counterfeit goods
- MRV has 18% higher profit in Q2, sees more robust result in Q2
- Facebook and Instagram videos will be shown straight on WhatsApp
- Levy says consensus is being built in Congress to cut spending
- Supporters show confidence in Brazilian squad in match against Belgium
- Man arrested after school shooting in the United States
- Duque de Caxias - RJ has 9 km of traffic at the moment.
- Police arrest suspected of integrating clown gang
- São Paulo records the second coldest dawn of the year
- Up to 34 military police officers killed in Rio in 2018
- Benjamin lists points that reinforce Maranhão pre-candidacy
- This Tuesday afternoon should mark the return of the cold to Rio Grande do Sul
- Movement is quiet on the ferry and bus station this holiday Saturday
- Collision between trucks causes the death of a person and closes the BR 290 in Eldorado do Sul
- São Bernardo do Campo records traffic with 59 km of congestion at 11:55.
- PF says 'Venezuelan immigration flow' has been restored
- Contamination in water network postpones consultations and surgery in Inca
- USP Dean opens new building in Ribeir?o Preto